The TACM group was interesting this year. We haven’t had much success collaborating between the MSM meetings. So, this year’s meeting talked quite a bit about how to do that. My proposal that we explore more formal methods was met with a few quizzical responses, to which I proposed we consider the following efforts:
- Formal Analysis of Fractional Order Systems in Higher-Order Logic, thesis by Muhammad Umair Siddique. (PDF)
- Formal Methods in Systems Biology
- Automated Theorem Provers for “The Axiomatic Method in Biology” J.H. Woodger, A. Tarski, and W.F.Floyd, 1937.
The following 2 are indirectly related, discussing reasoners over ontologies:
- The role of ontologies in biological and biomedical research: a functional perspective, Robert Hoehndorf, Paul N. Schofield and Georgios V. Gkoutos (PDF)
- Improving ontologies by automatic reasoning and evaluation of logical definitions, Sebastian Köhler, Sebastian Bauer, Chris J Mungall, Gabriele Carletti, Cynthia L Smith, Paul Schofield, Georgios V Gkoutos and Peter N Robinson (PDF)
And, finally, I have high hopes for the Homotopy type theory, but have yet to use it practically